Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Learning) is an online, on-demand software skills training resource that has been added to serve Excelsior College students. This flexible training makes it easy for students and faculty to embrace technology, because it supplies instant access to answers on common “how to” questions and offers step-by-step training for course projects through video tutorials available 24/7/365.
Users can access this library through the link below. A number of courses also have embedded video tutorials to help students with specific projects. Plans are in the works to increase the number of embedded videos as courses are revised. Hoonuit provides training in the commonly used software applications, such as Microsoft Office, SPSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Blackboard, Acrobat, Photoshop, Google applications, and many more.
Hoonuit breaks down each application into manageable tasks and explains each task through a one- to three-minute video tutorial. You can view a tutorial when you have a quick question about a program you’re using, or you can view a series of tutorials and master an entire application.
With Hoonuit, you have the following benefits available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week–from home, at work, or on campus:
- Over 50,000 tutorials on more than 130 software applications
- Workshops on topics such as blogging, podcasting, newsletter design, presentation and more
- Over 500 new tutorials added to the site every 45 days
- Free Storyboard Pro software and access to Hoonuit’s popular Video Storytelling Guide
- Self-assessment tools
- Hundreds of Spanish language tutorials
- Closed captioning on thousands of tutorials
- For PC or Mac
To begin using Hoonuit, please follow these steps:
- Go to Hoonuit
- Tutorials can be located in two different ways on the Search tab:
- The search results will display in the area below the search fields and advanced filters.
- Select the title of the tutorial series you want to view.
- The tutorial will be broken up into section that can be expanded or collapsed. Use the -/+ signs to view the different segments of the tutorial.
- Choose what segment you want to watch. When the video opens make sure your speakers are on or headphones are turned up.
- Easily navigate to the next or previous segment in the tutorial series by using the toolbar located at the left.
- Select Tutorial Playlist to view all the video segments in that tutorial series.
- To close the video player and return to the main page, select the x in the upper right corner.
- To share the link for a tutorial, select the SHARE link found in the toolbar. The URL for that video will be provided.
Please take advantage of this powerful resource! Whether you use Hoonuit for your classes, for having students brush up on skills, for projects or even for personal growth, you can log in anytime, day or night.
IMPORTANT: To get support for Hoonuit Issues, select the “Support” menu option found on the navigation bar across the top of the window. Support for Hoonuit is provided by the service itself, and not Excelsior College Technical Support.