Attention Windows 10 Users:
If you are currently running windows 10 on your PC, by default, your web browser is the new “Windows Edge” browser. Windows Edge is the next generation of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Edge was released after the current version of Blackboard Learn. Due to this, it is not officially supported for use with our courses.
Excelsior College Technical Support recommends that all students, faculty, and staff still use Microsoft Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is still included as a separate browser component in the Windows 10 operating system and can be found readily by the following steps:
- In Windows 10, Right Click on the Start Button (Usually located) in the lower left hand corner of your taskbar.
- In the window of options that pops up, select “Search”
- In the search field, type “Internet Explorer”
- the classic “Internet Explorer, desktop app” should show up at or near the top of your results
- Right click on the icon and select “Pin to Taskbar” – this will add an internet explorer icon to your taskbar (usually) located along the bottom of your primary desktop.
Following these steps will ensure that you have direct and ready access to Internet Explorer at your convenience.